Eventually your buyers are going to conduct a home inspection. You may as well know what they are going to find by getting there first. Having a home inspection performed by a certified home inspector ahead of time helps in many other ways:
- The seller can choose a certified InterNACHI inspector rather than be at the mercy of the buyer’s choice of inspector.
- The seller can schedule the home inspection at the seller’s convenience.
- It might alert the seller of any items of immediate personal concern, such as radon gas or active termite infestation.
- The seller can assist the home inspector during the inspection, something normally not done during a buyer’s home inspection.
- The seller can have the home inspector correct any misstatements in the inspection report before it is generated.
- The report can help the seller realistically price the home if problems exist.
- The report can help the seller substantiate a higher asking price if problems don’t exist or have been corrected.
- A seller home inspection reveals problems ahead of time which:
- might make the home show better.
- gives the seller time to make repairs and shop for competitive contractors.
- permits the seller to attach repair estimates or paid invoices to the inspection report.
- removes over-inflated buyer procured estimates from the negotiation table.
- The report might alert the seller to any immediate safety issues found, before agents and visitors tour the home.
- The report provides a third-party, unbiased opinion to offer to potential buyers.
- A seller inspection permits a clean home inspection report to be used as a marketing tool.
- A seller home inspection is the ultimate gesture in forthrightness on the part of the seller.
- The report might relieve a prospective buyer’s unfounded suspicions, before they walk away.
- A seller inspection lightens negotiations and 11th-hour renegotiations.
- The report might encourage the buyer to waive the inspection contingency.
- The deal is less likely to fall apart the way they often do when a buyer’s home inspection unexpectedly reveals a problem, last minute.
- The report provides full-disclosure protection from future legal claims.
Copies of the home inspection report along with receipts for any repairs should be made available to potential buyers.
LICENSED / BONDED / INSURED
STATE OF ALASKA
HOME INSPECTOR LICENSE # 102139 / CONTRACTOR LICENSE # CONH40018
We accept major credit cards